Connecting your EZVIZ security cameras with voice assistant(s), such as Amazon Alexa and Google Home, is a simple process.
Checklist before setting up:
√ Make sure you have downloaded EZVIZ App and Amazon’s Alexa App/Google Home App on your phone.
√ Make sure your EZVIZ security camera has been added to EZVIZ App successfully;
√ Turn off ‘Image Encryption’ of your EZVIZ security camera:
1) Log in to your EZVIZ App and go to device setting;
2) Look for ‘Image Encryption’ and tap to turn it off.
3) Enter the verification code (as the default password) to apply the change.
√ Change the name of your EZVIZ security camera:
1) Go to device setting
2) Tap on ‘name’ and change it based on your need, such as ‘front door camera’ or ‘baby room camera’.
Enable EZVIZ skills on Amazon Alexa
Video tutorial: https://youtu.be/ro3Y8AkXJ7M
1. Log in to your Alexa App.
2. Choose ‘Add Device’ from the menu.
3. Choose ‘Camera’ and select EZVIZ to enable the skill.
4. Enter your EZVIZ username and password in order to authorize Alexa to access your EZVIZ account.
5. Tap ‘Discover Devices’ to allow Alexa to discover all your EZVIZ devices.
6. Go back to Alexa app menu and you should see all your EZVIZ devices under ‘Cameras’.
Connect EZVIZ devices to Google Home
Video tutorial: https://youtu.be/v3nrrosYRr8
1. Log in to your Google Home App.
2. On the home screen, tap ‘Add’, then ‘Set up device.’
3. Select ‘Have something already set up?’
4. Type and search ‘EZVIZ’, then select it.
5. Enter your EZVIZ username and password in order to authorize Google Home to access your EZVIZ account.
6. Once the device is linked successfully, follow the prompts to finish the setup.
1) Ensure the phone signal is good.
2) Ensure that this feature has been enabled in the EZVIZ app.
3) Ensure the EZVIZ app is running in background.
4) Ensure the EZVIZ app is not blocked from sending notifications by any anti-virus installed on your mobile phone.
5) Ensure notification for EZVIZ app has been enabled in phone setting.
1) Check the indicator lights on the device; ensure that the device is in configuration mode.
2) Ensure that your router is functional and can go online to the internet and ensure that you do not have multiple devices on your network.
3) If all the troubleshooting techniques listed above doesn’t resolve the problem, please delete the device from the account, reset the device and re-add the device to your account.
You can manually record
the video while in live view mode or playback mode. While in live view or
playback mode > Tap on the record icon to start the manual recording. Once
the recordings have been completed, your video will be saved to “my album” on
your EZVIZ mobile app.
products are configured to support 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network mode; however, some
products do support 5 GHz. The following products support 2.4/5 GHz Wi-Fi
DB1, Mini Plus, C6P, C6, C6Wi, E6, H6, DB1C, DB1 pro, HP7 support 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz.
Sports camera S5 Plus supports 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz.
Router W3 support dual band 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.
All other security cameras support only 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network mode.
Please check the following settings below:
1) Check the frequency band on your router to ensure that it allows 2.4 GHz network mode transmission.
2) Ensure that your mobile phone is on the WiFi and ensure that the WiFi network is active and functional
3) Check the network condition:
•Make sure your network has no firewall and no other limit.
•Ensure the router can distribute IP address to your device or disable the static IP setting (DHCP is enabled by default on all EZVIZ devices).
4) Reset your camera; ensure that your device is in ready mode or Wi-Fi configuration mode > then use the EZVIZ mobile app for device Wi-Fi configuration.
1）Log into the EZVIZ account
2）Tap on the image of the camera to open the "live view" page
3）From the top right corner, tap on the "gear icon image" to open the device settings page
4）From the top right corner of that screen, tap on "more" and tap on "Delete Device" and choose "OK"
NOTE for CloudPlay Subscribers: If you are a CloudPlay subscriber the option to "Cancel Subscription" and/or "Delete Video Clips" store in the EZVIZ Cloud Storage service is also provided here.
WARNING: By selecting the "Delete Video Clips" option here you will be deleting "ALL" video clips stored in the Cloud Service. These CAN NOT be recovered.
Download the PC application, "EZVIZ Studio". Login into
the account, go to device advanced settings, Click “Event-Schedule-Recording
Schedule” and choose all-day recording template.
If you have already installed an SD card in your camera, but the status on the EZVIZ APP shows "No memory card" or "Please insert an SD card", below are some troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue for you:
Step 1: Ensure both the firmware of your camera and the EZVIZ APP are running on the latest version.
Step 2: Ensure the SD card is class 10 or rated at UHS-1. The file format of the SD card should be FAT32 for capacities below 64GB and exFAT for capacities of 64GB and above.
We do recommend you check the compatible list on our website.
Step 3: Power off your camera, remove and reinsert the SD card, power the camera on, and then initialize the card again on the EZVIZ APP if the SD card can be recognized. Meanwhile, please make sure that the card has been installed correctly and is not defective or damaged.
*Before initialization, do remember to backup important files by saving or exporting them if necessary.
Step 4: If not working, try to factory reset your camera by holding the Reset button. This will turn the device to the default factory settings and might help resolve minor issues.
Step 5: To further rule out the SD card issue, you may try to test with a different SD card or install the card in question on another EZVIZ device.
Last Updated: 13/09/2022