- Tutorial Video
Connecting your EZVIZ security cameras with voice assistant(s), such as Amazon Alexa and Google Home, is a simple process.
Checklist before setting up:
√ Make sure you have downloaded EZVIZ App and Amazon’s Alexa App/Google Home App on your phone.
√ Make sure your EZVIZ security camera has been added to EZVIZ App successfully;
√ Turn off ‘Image Encryption’ of your EZVIZ security camera:
1) Log in to your EZVIZ App and go to device setting;
2) Look for ‘Image Encryption’ and tap to turn it off.
3) Enter the verification code (as the default password) to apply the change.
√ Change the name of your EZVIZ security camera:
1) Go to device setting
2) Tap on ‘name’ and change it based on your need, such as ‘front door camera’ or ‘baby room camera’.
Enable EZVIZ skills on Amazon Alexa
Video tutorial: https://youtu.be/ro3Y8AkXJ7M
1. Log in to your Alexa App.
2. Choose ‘Add Device’ from the menu.
3. Choose ‘Camera’ and select EZVIZ to enable the skill.
4. Enter your EZVIZ username and password in order to authorize Alexa to access your EZVIZ account.
5. Tap ‘Discover Devices’ to allow Alexa to discover all your EZVIZ devices.
6. Go back to Alexa app menu and you should see all your EZVIZ devices under ‘Cameras’.
Connect EZVIZ devices to Google Home
Video tutorial: https://youtu.be/v3nrrosYRr8
1. Log in to your Google Home App.
2. On the home screen, tap ‘Add’, then ‘Set up device.’
3. Select ‘Have something already set up?’
4. Type and search ‘EZVIZ’, then select it.
5. Enter your EZVIZ username and password in order to authorize Google Home to access your EZVIZ account.
6. Once the device is linked successfully, follow the prompts to finish the setup.
Please kindly note that if you enable smart tracking, the camera will start tracking when being triggered by the moving object. Then, when the tracking ends and it is not triggered for 30 seconds, the camera will rotate to the maximum degree and then return to the original position where the camera is triggered. This should be the reason why you would see the camera rotate itself from time to time.
Web camera On SplitCam
1 Download and install SplitCam software on your PC
2 Ensure your camera and your PC are on the same network
3 Right-click your mouse and click IP Camera, input the URL in Add IP Camera, and click Add:
rtsp://admin:verification code@device ip:554/ch1/main (mainstream)
Note: verification code is the 6 capital letters code you can find on the device label; device IP is the IP address of your camera.