Kindly note the actual battery life will vary depending on environmental factors, network stability, and the frequency of camera activities.
Thus, to optimize the battery life, we suggest you check the following:
1)Low temperature. As the battery inside is a lithium-ion battery, if the temperature is low, the charging would be slowed, so you may need to charge more often at temperatures below 0.
2)Weak Wi-Fi connection. Please ensure the network connection is good and there is no barrier or radio interference between your camera and your router causing an unstable network. You may open the EZVIZ mobile app > enter camera settings > Network Settings and tap Wi-Fi Signal Strength to test the signal.
3)Meanwhile, you can try the below settings to reduce battery drain:
- enable Power Saving or Super Power Saving(only active live view can wake up the camera) in camera Settings > Working Mode
- decrease detection sensitivity in camera settings > Intelligent Detection
- draw detection areas in camera settings > Intelligent Detection
Connecting your EZVIZ security cameras with voice assistant(s), such as Amazon Alexa and Google Home, is a simple process.
Checklist before setting up:
√ Make sure you have downloaded EZVIZ App and Amazon’s Alexa App/Google Home App on your phone.
√ Make sure your EZVIZ security camera has been added to EZVIZ App successfully;
√ Turn off ‘Image Encryption’ of your EZVIZ security camera:
1) Log in to your EZVIZ App and go to device setting;
2) Look for ‘Image Encryption’ and tap to turn it off.
3) Enter the verification code (as the default password) to apply the change.
√ Change the name of your EZVIZ security camera:
1) Go to device setting
2) Tap on ‘name’ and change it based on your need, such as ‘front door camera’ or ‘baby room camera’.
Enable EZVIZ skills on Amazon Alexa
Video tutorial: https://youtu.be/ro3Y8AkXJ7M
1. Log in to your Alexa App.
2. Choose ‘Add Device’ from the menu.
3. Choose ‘Camera’ and select EZVIZ to enable the skill.
4. Enter your EZVIZ username and password in order to authorize Alexa to access your EZVIZ account.
5. Tap ‘Discover Devices’ to allow Alexa to discover all your EZVIZ devices.
6. Go back to Alexa app menu and you should see all your EZVIZ devices under ‘Cameras’.
Connect EZVIZ devices to Google Home
Video tutorial: https://youtu.be/v3nrrosYRr8
1. Log in to your Google Home App.
2. On the home screen, tap ‘Add’, then ‘Set up device.’
3. Select ‘Have something already set up?’
4. Type and search ‘EZVIZ’, then select it.
5. Enter your EZVIZ username and password in order to authorize Google Home to access your EZVIZ account.
6. Once the device is linked successfully, follow the prompts to finish the setup.
For W2H, it can link up to 4 BC1 cameras.
For W2HS, it can link up to 4 HB3 cameras.
For HB3, please be informed that HB3 must be used with the HB3 base station. One base can connect up to 4 HB3 models.
For BC1, please be informed that BC1 must be used with the BC1 base station. One base can connect up to 4 BC1 models.